Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rodeo.

So I went to my first rodeo last night. Little known fact: When I first moved to Texas I promised myself I would never attend one. I feel like I have done a lot of growing up since then and as it turns out, rodeos are pretty sweet. Some of my favorite parts include the bull riding, a team roping competition, and eating a churro. At the end they had some dudes doing freestyle motocross. Their big finale was a backflip, which looked a little something like this:


This was cool, but it got my friends and I thinking. That was fine, but an EVEN BETTER finale would be if one of the cowboys came back out on a horse and ran down the same take off ramp the motocross guys were using. Going full speed, the horse then launches into its own backflip. Take a moment to imagine that...
...
...
...
...
...

...pretty magical, right? Did you see the horse launch off the ramp, rotating backwards in slow motion while the cowboy is waving his hat wildly in the air? And at the apex of the flip you look up and it creates a perfect eclipse of a full moon? And they land together in perfect majesty and trot off the landing with glory in their eyes? Yeah, thats what I imagined too.

But I did some research and I'm pretty sure this is actually the closest anyone has ever come to a successful horseflip:


Not quite as magical as I would have hoped. Some day...

1 comment:

  1. WHOOOOOO! RODEO! COWBOYS! WHOOOOOOO!!!
    look at you. missed a coupla months and now you're back with a vengeance!

    ReplyDelete