Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Da Jesus Book

So ignoring the fact that I haven't posted anything in like two months, I recently found out that there is a language spoken in Hawaii called pidgin english. It's basically normal english, but SO much worse cooler. I also learned that the bible has been translated into pidgin, and looks a little something like this: 


And here are some excerpts from 'Da Jesus Book':

Da Boss Above, he take care me,
  Jalike da sheep farma take care his sheeps.
  He goin give me everyting I need.


He let me lie down wea da sweet an soft grass stay.
  He lead me by da water wea I can rest.


He give me new kine life.
  He lead me in da road dat stay right,
  Cuz I his guy.


This might be my new favorite language ever. I would gladly trade either regular english or dominican spanish for the ability to speak pidgin fluently. Also, I really need to get myself a copy of 'Da Jesus Book' to add to my collection of random/rare scriptures (which already includes a fascimile first edition Book of Mormon, a CoC Bible, and more spanish evangelical pamphlets than you can shake a stick at). Looks like I know where part of my next pay check is going...

No comments:

Post a Comment